Some favorite tools and ingredients, from my kitchen to yours! Whether you're looking for homemade edible gluten-free gifts, specialty GF baking ingredients, handmade pottery, or other goodies for your favorite cook's (or your own!) home and kitchens, I hope you find some unique gifts for cooks in this collection that spark joy.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links meaning that I get a small commission when you click my link and/or use my discount code to make a purchase. I only recommend products that I love and use in my own home. Thanks for supporting the brands that support TBG!
PS. Want to give TBG a gift? If you've ever made and loved a recipe, I'd be so grateful if you could take a minute to give it a star rating and write a quick review. These give other cooks confidence to try my recipes and they help more readers find TBG, enabling me to keep sharing recipes here. Thank you very much for your support, and happy baking!
- Earthen nesting bowls: a set of handmade blue bowls for all your mise en place needs. Plus platters, plates, bowls, cups, jewelry, and an epic holiday shop.
- Koide studio x Samovar's Chai Mug: the most perfect mug that I use all day, every day. (More goodies at Kiyomi's Etsy shop!)
- Wolf Ceramics Large Mixing Bowl: with white speckles, a raw edge, and an elegant pour spout. Sturdy and big enough for whipping up a batch of gluten-free oatmeal cookies or gluten-free pancake batter.
- East Fork Pottery everyday bowls and breakfast bowls: gorgeous, sturdy handmade bowls that I use daily in a variety of glaze options. (No longer technically handmade but still unique and lovely!)
- Sarah Kersten small fermentation jar: a gorgeous handmade crock for making sauerkraut and other goodies. Plus loads of beautiful plates, bowls, and serving vessels.
- Remedy Plant Lab's Happy Honey (affiliate link): infused with organic CBD and great for drizzling over fruit tarts, breakfast bowls, and stirring into chai. A woman-owned business in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ground Up Nut Butter's Holiday Sampler: 6 delicious nut butters (the cinnamon snickerdoodle is my go-to!) A woman-owned business in the Pacific Northwest. Use code BOJON10 for 10% off.
- Diaspora Co. Baking Trio: the freshest, brightest cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg ever. Ideal for baking gluten-free gingerbread cake! Woman POC-owned.
- ENZO organic California olive oil & balsamic: the only olive oil I use – perfect for cooking anything, dressing salads, and baking into a lemon almond olive oil cake
- La Tourangelle Artisan Oils Trio: delicious, clean, and fresh walnut, avocado, and toasted sesame oils for cooking and baking. Drizzle the sesame oil over sweet potato breakfast bowls.
- Just Date everything bundle: loaded with date-sweetened chocolate, date sugar and syrup, pomegranate syrup, and more! POC woman-owned in the Bay Area.
Kitchen & Table
- Nakano's Mito knife set (affiliate link): the chef's knife quickly became my most-used knife thanks to its smooth olive wood handle and sharp edge. The santoku knife is Jay's favorite! Use code THEBOJONGOURMET for 30% off your order.
- Bernal Cutlery's hinoki cutting boards resist microbes and odors, are easy on knives, and look beautiful too
- Yamazaki steel and wood cutting board stand is cute and useful for thin boards (about 1 inch thick or less)
- Umami Mart's Japanese Stainless Steel Whistling tea kettle: cute and functional! Lightweight and rust-proof and great for pouring the perfect pot. Plus lots of Japanese goodies for the pantry and kitchen.
- Food52 linen tea towels and oven mitts are a joy to have in the kitchen
- Lodge Cast Iron Griddle: a must-have for cooking up gluten-free pancakes.
- OTSI Design's hand-painted and coated coasters & placemats stylishly protect your tabletops. A woman-owned Bay Area business.
- American Heirloom cake stand: an elegant, easy-to-clean display for a gluten-free Victoria sponge or chocolate bundt cake.
- Delys Boutique x Laguiole olive wood cake serving set: beautifully handcrafted knife and cake server from a woman-owned SF Bay area business. I also love their saffron infused honey – so dreamy for putting on a dessert cheese plate!
- Arise Bakery gluten-free sourdough bread: made by hand in Arcata, California, this organic bread is available for a limited time only. Order the boules if you can, and ship them anywhere in the U.S.
- Nana Joe's Paleo Chocolate Cheer granola: chocolate peppermint grain-free granola! A woman-owned Bay Area business.
- Frankie & Jo's plant-based GF ice creams: the most delicious vegan ice cream, shipped anywhere in the continental US. Don't miss the chocolate tahini, which is *obviously* my favorite due to my love of tahini recipes.
- Raaka chocolate peppermint waffle cone: gluten-free vegan waffle cone coated in minty white chocolate goodness. Also giftable monthly chocolate subscriptions.
- Hum Yum caramels and sauce gift box: organic caramels, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce made in Humboldt. Check out their vegan offerings too. Woman-owned. The caramel sauce would be dreamy drizzled over almond flour apple crisp!
- Purity Coffee (affiliate link): clean coffee that's rigorously tested to be free of mold and toxins. Perfect for sipping with gluten-free biscotti or pouring into GF tiramisù. New customers can use code TBG20 for 20% off.
- Buddha Chocolate Holy Rose Cacao Drinking Chocolate: froth this coconut sugar-sweetened floral tonic in milk or plant milk for an intoxicating sip
- Samovar Essential Tea Set, with a blend of organic teas and glass teapot (the Breakfast Blend is my and Jay's favorite, perfect for sipping alongside homemade cookies)
- Rasa Cheer Tonic: adaptogenic coffee substitute! Love this seasonal chocolate peppermint flavor, though vanilla-flavored Calm is the cup I crave nightly.
- Encha latte-grade matcha: Organically grown, bright green, and ideal for frothing with milk/plant milk or for baking into gluten-free & vegan matcha cookies
Homemade Edible Gifts
- Gluten-free biscotti: loaded with candied nuts and dunked in chocolate
- Homemade granola: lots of fun flavors to choose from including brown butter bourbon, classic orange spice, spiced pumpkin, gingersnap granola, or chocolate peanut butter
- All-natural chocolate peppermint bark: quick and easy to make, creamy, and perfectly minty
- Homemade Irish cream liqueur: made from scratch with milk, cream, vanilla, coffee, cacao nibs, and whiskey.
- Vegan tahini hot fudge sauce: just the thing for drizzling over crepes and ice cream or licking off spoons.
- Homemade chocolate truffles: classic truffles or vegan truffles, with or without the fun flavorings
- Chocolate pistachio cups: a nourishing, verdant take on everyone's favorite peanut butter cups filled with homemade pistachio butter
- Thin and crisp gluten-free sugar cookies have a shortbread vibe. With tested vegan and paleo options. Decorate with coconut butter glaze.
- Multi-Grain Nut & Seed Bread: a hefty loaf that keeps beautifully. Or try the pumpkin cranberry version in my cookbook!
- Alternative Baker: reinventing dessert with gluten-free grains and flours: I poured my heart and soul into this book, packing it with over 140 original recipes for cookies, cakes, pies, tarts, fruit desserts, breakfast pastries, and more! All made with your favorite gluten-free flours and lots of vibrant produce.
- Love & Lemons Simple Feel Good Food: vibrant vegetarian recipes with lots of gluten-free options
- Canelle et Vanille Bakes Simple: beautiful gluten-free baking recipes made with alternative flours (no flour blends, just like we prefer!)
- Extra Helping: This gem of a book is full of recipes designed to cook and bake for loved ones in need of a homecooked meal. Full of omnivorous gluten-free recipes including my very favorite chocolate pudding (which can be made vegan).
- Gift card to Omnivore Books: San Francisco's all-cookbook bookstore. They do mail order!
I hope you've enjoyed this small-business gift guide for food lovers and that you find the perfect, unique gift for your favorite baker (or yourself!) Wishing you a season filled with good things.
Bojon appétit! For more Bojon Gourmet in your life, follow along on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest, purchase my award-winning gluten-free baking cookbook Alternative Baker, or subscribe to receive new posts via email. Try any of these gifts or recipes? I’d love to know. Leave a comment and rating below, and tag your Instagram snaps @The_Bojon_Gourmet and #bojongourmet.