Crispy Sesame Kale Chips
You will love these Asian inspired healthy snacks!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 bunch kale, (curly works well, but any kale will do), stems removed, torn into 3" pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon , (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons tamari, soy sauce, or Bragg's amino acids
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , (black, brown, white, or a combination)
- 2 sheets toasted nori, cut into 1/2x2"strips , (scissors work well for this)
Preheat the oven to 350º.
Place the kale in a large bowl and add the lemon juice, oil, tamari and sesame seeds. Toss with your hands to coat evenly. Spread the kale on a baking sheet, and sprinkle the nori strips over. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until beginning to brown and crisp up on the edges. (My kale never gets crisped all the way through, but it is still delicious.) Eat immediately.
Adapted from Elana's Pantry.
If you have the time, bake these at a lower temperature for a longer time; they will stay greener and more crisp.
Let a leaf cool for a few minutes on the counter to test it for crispiness.
Nutritional values are based on one of six servings.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 258mg | Vitamin A: 5040IU | Vitamin C: 62.3mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg