Lemon Artichoke Hummus
Stupid easy and bursting with the flavors of spring, this lemon artichoke hummus makes all your dipping dreams come true. Vegan, gluten-free.
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10 servings, makes 2 cups
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tahini
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (I like Jovial brand which comes in a 13 ounce / 370 g glass jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more to taste)
- zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice (from about 2 large lemons)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups water-packed artichoke hearts, drained well (from a 12 ounce / 340 g jar)
- snipped chives or other herbs, for serving
In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic, tahini, garbanzo beans, and salt and pulse until the beans are fairly smooth. Blend in the lemon zest and juice, then with the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin stream and blend smooth. Add the artichoke hearts and pulse until chunky. Taste, adding more salt if you like.
Serve the hummus drizzled with olive oil and herbs. Extra hummus keeps well refrigerated airtight for up to 1 week.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8.2% | Vitamin C: 16.9% | Calcium: 2.9% | Iron: 7.6%