Summer Vegan Green Goddess Salad
A vegan salad that satisfies, loaded with healthy fats from creamy cashew dressing, toasted seeds, and avocado.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 large or 4 small servings
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raw pepitas
- a drizzle of olive oil
- fine sea salt, as needed
- 4-6 cups lightly packed sturdy salad greens (such as little gems, romaine hearts, endives) cut or torn into large bites
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges (or 1 cup stemmed and halved cherry tomatoes)
- about ½ cup Creamy Cashew Green Goddess Dressing, or to taste
- 1 small firm-ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- hempseed hearts
- nutritional yeast
- flaky salt
- cracked black pepper
Toast the pepitas in a dry skillet over medium heat, shuffling the pan frequently, until puffed and golden, 3-5 minutes. Remove to a small bowl and toss with a little olive oil and salt to coat the seeds.
In a large bowl, combine the greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and as much of the dressing as you like, tossing to coat the vegetables evenly. Gently toss in the toasted pepitas and avocado. Divide the salad among bowls and finish each with a good sprinkle of hempseed hearts, nutritional yeast, and a pinch or two of flaky salt and pepper. Serve right away.
If you want to gild the lily, add a handful of coconut bacon to the top.
Nutritional values are based on one of two large servings.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 372mg | Potassium: 1215mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2165IU | Vitamin C: 49.1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 4.2mg